Hurricane Florence Recovery Resources
The following resources are available statewide:
· For flood risk information: http://www.ncfloodmaps.com/
· For food assistance, shelters, and storm recovery help, call: NC 211 or 888-892-1162 (www.nc211.org )
· To donate to Hurricane Florence Recovery: www.rebuild.nc.gov/donate
· To volunteer: https://readync.org/EN/Involved_Volunteers.html
· Follow NC Emergency Management on Twitter (@NCEmergency) for updates and statements from state and local officials.
· Get more updates by downloading the ReadyNC app, available along with more info on ReadyNC.org.
· FEMA: The Federal Emergency Management Agency is providing information resources for residents on Twitter (@FEMARegion4) and on their website, FEMA.gov. They have shared a hurricane preparedness toolkit that you can find here.
· NOAA: The National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration is providing regional and county-specific weather updates at Weather.gov. On NOAA’s interactive map, click on your area to find the latest forecasts and advisories.
· Red Cross: RedCross.org or follow the group on Twitter (@RedCross) or Facebook (Red Cross).
· American Red Cross Emergency Line 1-800-768-8048
· Duke Energy: Report any power outages by calling 800-228-8485, texting OUT to 57801 or vising duke-energy.com. You can also monitor updates on Twitter (@DukeEnergy) and Facebook (Duke Energy).
· NC Electric Cooperatives: Report a power outage in your county on the cooperatives’ website, NCElectricCooperatives.gov.
· The N.C. Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services has activated its hotline to connect farmers with resources that can assist with agricultural emergencies. The toll-free number is 1-866-645-9403 or www.ncagr.gov/disaster
· Call 211 for shelters, food assistance, and storm recovery info
· Call 911 for life-threatening emergencies
· Call 511 for roadway conditions
· Hurricane Safety Checklist: www.redcross.org
· Disaster Preparedness for Seniors: https://www.redcross.org/get-help/how-to-prepare-for-emergencies/seniors.html
· Preparing Your Child for Disaster: https://www.fema.gov/children-and-disasters
· Disaster Plan for Pets: https://www.fema.gov/helping-pets
· For a list of local shelters: https://www.ncdps.gov/florence